Recipe by marisk
This sundae served with toasted pecans, caramel sauce, and whipped cream is posted on FoodNetwork by Bobby Flay on Boy Meets Grill.
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 quart premium vanilla ice cream
- freshly whipped cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, split in 1/2 lengthwise and seeds scraped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 pints blackberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cassis liqueur
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the pecans evenly on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool before coarsely chopping.
- Place a scoop of ice cream in a parfait glass and top with caramel sauce, crushed blackberries, and pecans. Repeat 2 more times and then top with a large dollop of whipped cream.
- Caramel Sauce:
- Place the heavy cream and vanilla bean and seeds in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Remove the cream from the heat and let sit while making the caramel.
- Whisk together the sugar and water in a medium non-reactive saucepan over high heat. Cook until dark golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the caramel from the heat and immediately add the cream slowly, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Return to the heat and cook until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and salt.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve immediately.
- Crushed Blackberries:
- Combine the blackberries, sugar, and cassis in a medium bowl and stir well.
- Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, use a fork to crush the blackberries.