Recipe by mandabears
A wonderful spicey cake with a delicious lemon glaze. Starts with a cake mix, but you can't even tell. As my D-I-L would say this cake is "wicked good" You can also add 1/4 teaspoon allspice and cut the oil down to 1/2 cup without affecting the yummniest of the cake.
Top Review by Old widow
I love this cake. I am very partial to spice cakes and am always looking for new and different ways to make them. This one is a keeper. I frosted it with white frosting but that is just my preference. Thankyou so much for sharing!
- 18 1⁄2 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 cup oil
- 3 1⁄2 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup beer
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients well, then mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan or use Bakers Joy spray.
- Bake for 50-60 until cake pulls away from the pan and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 25 minutes.
- Then remove cake from pan and continue cooling on rack.
- In a small bowl mix all glaze ingredients and spread over top of cooled cake.