- 3 medium zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup of finely chopped almonds
- 1⁄4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each zucchini lengthwise into fourths, then lengthwise into halves to form sticks.
- Cut each stick lengthwise into halves (each zucchini makes 16 sticks).
- Mix wheat germ, almonds, cheese and salt in plastic bag.
- Roll about 8 zucchini sticks at a time in margarine until evenly coated. Lift with fork.
- Shake sticks in wheat germ. Lay on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cook in 350ºF. oven until crisp and tender, about 15 minutes.