Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
A nice side dish that is sweet and sour, soft and crunchy. Add cooked chicken to create a complete one dish meal. If you wish to make the dish vegetarian, any other light flavored liquid could be used. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- 1 cup canned green beans
- 1 cup yukon gold potato, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup salted peanuts (shelled and chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Saute the onions in the oil and butter until nearly transparent.
- Add the potato, green beans and chicken stock and simmer for 5 minutes or until the potato is soft.
- Just before serving, add the peanuts pickle juice and salt to taste.