Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Good served with Sweet Onion and Tomato Soup.
- Use pita breads that are about 6 inches in diameter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly brush each bread, on both sides, with either melted butter or olive oil.
- Cut each pita into 8 wedges. Seperate wedges so you have 2 thinner pieces from each wedge.
- Place wedges, rough side down, in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with seasonings of your choice: salt, pepper, dried herbs, etc.
- Bake, stirring once for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Cool slightly before using.
- Store in an airtight container on counter or freeze in ziploc bags.
- To recrisp if necessary, place on baking sheet and heat at 300 degrees for 5 minutes.
These were good and can be seasoned any way you like. The only trouble I had was seperating the wedges into thinner pieces. The do cook up crisp and tasty.