Prep 12 mins
Cook 25 mins
i haven't made this yet,i saw it on 30 minute meals and it looked really good. she also topped it with fresh fruit and and orange liqueur i've left that out ot the recipe but you can try it if you like.
- 8 large eggs
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 0.5 ml salt
- 2.46 ml nutmeg, ground or freshly grated
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 709.77 ml corn flakes, lightly crushed
- 118.29 ml sliced almonds, lightly crushed
- 59.16 ml butter
- 12 slice challah or 12 slice soft Italian bread (1 1/2-inch-thick)
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- In a shallow dish, beat together with a wire whisk: eggs, half-and-half, vanilla, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon.
- In a second shallow dish combine flakes and nuts.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to warm skillet.
- Place a cookie sheet lined with foil (for easy clean-up) near the stove.
- Coat 4 to 6 slices of bread in egg, depending on the size of your skillet, then coat bread in cornflakes and nuts.
- Cook slices 2 minutes on each side and transfer toast to cookie sheet.
- Repeat with remaining slices and transfer toast to oven.
- Bake 10 minutes.
Didn't have corn flakes so used all almonds. Soooo good. Served with a blueberry-almond butter.
The flavor was excellent. I added the same dry spices to the connflake mixture. I had half the egg mixture left over which I used in a baked oatmeal. I found the cornflakes to be a little tough. Next time I crush them a little finer.