1/1 Photo of Crunchy Vanilla-almond French Toast
i haven't made this yet,i saw it on 30 minute meals and it looked really good. she also topped it with fresh fruit and and orange liqueur i've left that out ot the recipe but you can try it if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 pinches salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground or freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups corn flakes, lightly crushed
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, lightly crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 12 slices challah or 12 slices soft Italian bread (1 1/2-inch-thick)
- 1Pre heat oven to 350.
- 2In a shallow dish, beat together with a wire whisk: eggs, half-and-half, vanilla, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon.
- 3In a second shallow dish combine flakes and nuts.
- 4Add 2 tablespoons butter to warm skillet.
- 5Place a cookie sheet lined with foil (for easy clean-up) near the stove.
- 6Coat 4 to 6 slices of bread in egg, depending on the size of your skillet, then coat bread in cornflakes and nuts.
- 7Cook slices 2 minutes on each side and transfer toast to cookie sheet.
- 8Repeat with remaining slices and transfer toast to oven.
- 9Bake 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Vanilla-almond French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.6
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 358.0 mg
- Sodium 711.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 19.8 g