Recipe by Elmotoo
I defrosted turkey cutlets. Next, I found a potential recipe. Then I altered that recipe. This is what I did. This is easily doubled. It received RAVE reviews. If you don't have buttermilk, use whole milk with a splash of lemon juice. It will thicken in a few minutes. Also, feel free to switch up the seasoning. I did. ;)
- 1 lb turkey cutlets, cut into strips
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 2⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine milk & mustard. Add turkey to soak for a few minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients & mix well.
- Place prepared baking sheet in oven for 5 minutes.
- Dredge milk soaked turkey pieces in cornmeal mixture. Spray all sides with cooking spray & place on preheated baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes, turn strips over & bake another 5-8 minutes until cooked.
- Combine all sauce ingredients well.
- Serve turkey strips with sauce. Enjoy!