Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice, light pita sandwich with a ton of crunch. By the Editors of Easy Home Cooking Magazine.
- 1 cup skinless boneless turkey breasts or 1 cup chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1⁄2 cup coleslaw mix (pre-packaged)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 2 (6 inch) rounds whole wheat pita bread, cut in half
- Combine turkey, coleslaw mix, cranberries, carrots, mayonnaise and mustard in small bowl; mix well.
- Fill pitas with turkey mixture.
Yum! Another reviewer suggested the chow mein noodles, and yes, they are a must! Also, since the coleslaw mix was used, I didn't see the need for another shredded carrot. I made my own honey mustard dressing (really just honey and mustard). I used just lunch meat mesquite turkey instead of the chicken, but I'm sure any meat would be great. What a great lunch idea with some yougart! Will make these often! Update: Low and behold our grocer ran out of coleslaw mix over a holiday weekend, so I had to find a substitute. Brocolli slaw mix works very well with this reciepe as well!
Wonderful!!!! I ended up using tortillas instead of pita bread. The kids all loved it. I also added some chowmein noodles for more crunch.
This is soooooo delicious!!! We loved this for a light lunch!! Used whole wheat tortillas. Tasty and so easy to prepare!! Thanks Jonesies!