Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great for leftover turkey! Garnish with parsley. Serves 8.
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 2-quart casserole.
- In large bowl, combine all casserole ingredients.
- Spoon into greased casserole.
- In small bowl, combine cereal and butter; sprinkle evenly over casserole mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until casserole is thoroughly heated and topping is light brown.
UPDATE 12/07 -- Surprise ! Had Christmas leftover turkey !! Did not have water chestnuts on hand, so used 3/4 can artichoke bottons, quartered. Not sure why, but seemed lots more tasty than last year. STILL have another meal to go -- YEAAA ! This was tasty, for left-over "stuff" ! There was enough variety of tastes to negate the need for overwhelming spices. I had all the ingredients, including 2 cups cooked saffron rice, from another meal, and used crushed Kashi - which is a really terrible cereal, but made a nice crunchy top. There is more than enough for ANOTHER meal, which I don't object to ! Thanks, Bec, I will save to make again after Christmas !!
very good i liked the corn flakes top you could prob drop the butter. I used brown rice that gave it a nutty taste. you might want to use a flat dish i used as square 8 inch and some parts of the dish were cool but since everything was cook anyway it was no big deal