Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My family has enjoyed this tuna salad for years. The salty crunch of the shoestring potatoes is a great complement to the creamy sweetness of the tuna and carrots. Add shoestring potatoes only at the very last moment as they become soggy after sitting. Make only as much as you will eat because these are not good as leftovers!
- 1 (7 ounce) can solid white tuna, drained
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 cup Miracle Whip (Mayonnaise is OK but flavor is better with Miracle Whip)
- 1 (4 ounce) can shoestring potatoes
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients except shoe string potatoes together and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir in shoestring potatoes just before serving.
- Serve in lettuce lined bowl.
- Note: cooking time is overnight refrigerating time.
This is how we use up our Thanksgiving left-overs, as we use chopped turkey instead of the tuna. Yum!
I used to make this a lot for lunch, eating it on crackers. My recipe calls for 2 cans tuna and 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped and Salad Supreme. Be sure to put the shoestring potatoes just before eating.
This is best tuna salad EVER. Granny makes this when we go camping and now I have the recipe myself. Thanks so much Linda B!!