Recipe by Derf
Lovely presentation on a luncheon plate, place cucumber sticks, tomato wedges and a lemon wedge around on the plate. squeeze some lemon on as eating. Lots of good taste and crunch! (cook time is chill time) from Canadian Diabetes Association.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed less sodium consomme, undiluted
- 2 large nicely shaped green peppers
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 (7 ounce) canflaked tuna, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 4 crisp lettuce leaves
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 green pepper, filled
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle gelatin over water to soften, let stand 5 minutes.
- Pour consommé into medium saucepan.
- Cut peppers in half crosswise to form shells, remove core and seeds carefully.
- Bring consommé to boil, add pepper shells cut side up.
- Cover and boil 3 minutes.
- Remove shells, turn upside down on paper towel, to drain, then refrigerate.
- Bring consommé back to boiling, add onion and boil 30 seconds.
- Stir in gelatin until it dissolves.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Refrigerate until partially set.
- Fold in tuna, tomatoes, chopped lettuce, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into pepper shells, piling high.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours until set.
- Place each pepper on a lettuce leaf at serving time.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream.