1/4 Photos of Crunchy Tuna Cat Treats
3 hrs 40 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
These little cat cookies are the perfect treat for your feline friend - easy and inexpensive to whip up, and probably much healthier and lower in salt than commercial pet treats. My kitty loves them! They are the purrrfect way to show your cat you love him/her this Christmas :)
My Private Note
jar tre ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Mix tuna, rye and parsley together well, breaking up tuna pieces so they are soft and mushy.
- 3Add water gradually, as is needed to make a firm dough that is easy to mould into a small shape.
- 4Roll a teaspoon-sized amount of the dough between your palms, creating a small round ball. Flatten the ball so it becomes disc-shaped.
- 5Repeat process until all mixture is used, placing each biscuit disc onto a lightly greased oven tray.
- 6Bake in your 180°C oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 7Turn oven off, though leave tray in until oven has completely cooled. (This will help to dry out the biscuits further, and therefore help the treats keep for longer).
- 8When biscuits have cooled completely, they are ready to serve. Handy as an occasional treat, and/or an addition to your pet's everyday dry food.
- 9Store treats in an air-tight container in the pantry.
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Tuna Cat Treats
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 687.9
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.8 mg
- Sodium 747.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 68.4 g