Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I am not sure where I got this recipe from, I think one of my sisters. It is so good and crunchy, it is addictive.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, sliced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup chow mein noodles
- Combine the first five ingredients in a container with tight fitting lid and shake well.
- In a large bowl, add lettuce and then sprinkle remaining ingredients on top. Add the amount of dressing to your taste and toss the salad.
- Note: To toast almonds put on cookie sheet and put in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 2 mins, then add sesame seeds on sheet. Watch closely, so not to over toast and burn. Cook another 2 mins and check for doneness, if golden remove from oven and cool.
Wonderful salad and very crunchy as the recipe title says. Left out the bacon and didn't really miss it, but will definitely make this again with the bacon in it. Everyone at my dinner party loved it. Thanks so much for sharing this great recipe.
Got to admit that this proved to be a bigger hit than anticipated!!<br/>I knew that DH and I were going to love this salad....but I couldn't quite believe how much The Peskies enjoyed it!!<br/>DS (aged 8) likes salad, but won't touch dressing or suchlike - DD ( aged 6 ), dislikes lettuce and salad but eats it under sufferance if threatened or bribed.<br/>Both of them actually helped themselves to a second, and in one case a third helping...now that's an endorsement!!<br/>A big family thumbs up!!<br/>Made for PRMR.
Made for the family with much praise...but I'd much prefer a check.