Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
easy tuna bake with a yummy topping
- 750 g potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 15 g butter
- 100 g mushrooms, sliced
- 420 g cream of mushroom soup
- 425 g tuna in brine, drained and flaked
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 20 g butter, extra, melted
- Preheat oven at 180c.
- Boil or steam potatoes until tender; drain.
- Return to low heat, mash, add milk and continue to mash until smooth and creamy.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter in pan, add mushrooms; add soup, stir over heat until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat; stir in tuna.
- Place tuna mixture into large oven-proof dish, sprinkle with the chopped tomato.
- Spoon mashed potato evenly over tomato and sprinkle with topping.
- bake for 30 minutes or until topping is golden.
- Combine the last 3 ingredients in small bowl.
A great weeknight meal...it comes together quick n easily and tastes great. I skipped on the tomatoes as we had ours served alongside a side salad. I've stayed away from recipes using canned soup for so long but I'm glad I gave this one a chance...it ws enjoyed by all! I've only just noticed I missed the butter in the topping but it didnt matter my top was still nice and crunchy.