1/4 Photos of Crunchy Toffee Muffins
From Better Homes and Garden. They are soooo good!! Used low-fat milk and low-fat sour cream and they turned out delicious! Also baked them at 350 for about 25 minutes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Grease ten 2-1/2-inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups; set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 4Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
- 5In another medium bowl, combine egg, milk, sour cream, melted butter, and vanilla.
- 6Add all at once to the flour mixture.
- 7Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- 8Gently fold two-thirds of the chopped toffee into batter.
- 9Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, dividing batter evenly.
- 10Sprinkle tops with remaining chopped toffee.
- 11Bake about 20 minutes or until muffin tops are golden brown and a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- 12Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- 13Remove from muffin cups. Serve warm.
- 14Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare and bake the muffins as directed; cool completely. Place in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw muffins, covered, at room temperature. Wrap the muffins in foil and bake in a 300 degree F oven about 15 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Toffee Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.9
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 43.3 mg
- Sodium 299.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g