This is an absolutely wonderful salad for a dinner party - it is very aesthetically pleasing to look at (all green with brown crunchies) and you also make your own delicious, sweet and sour salad dressing to go with it. Please note: the dressing is included in the recipe list and it makes approx. 1-1/4 cup - the amount you will need for the salad. This recipe was adapted from a Junior League cookbook from Jackson, MS.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, uncooked & broken (discard spice packet, just get normal size ramen noodles, i just put 3 oz down)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 bunch broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 -1 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1Melt butter in skillet and brown walnuts & ramen noodles; cool on paper towels.
- 2Combine browned noodles and walnuts with broccoli, lettuce, and onions in large serving bowl.
- 3Whisk remaining four ingredients together in mixing bowl.
- 4Dress salad when ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Sweet and Sour Salad
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.3
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 160.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 5.3 g