Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an absolutely wonderful salad for a dinner party - it is very aesthetically pleasing to look at (all green with brown crunchies) and you also make your own delicious, sweet and sour salad dressing to go with it. Please note: the dressing is included in the recipe list and it makes approx. 1-1/4 cup - the amount you will need for the salad. This recipe was adapted from a Junior League cookbook from Jackson, MS.
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, uncooked & broken (discard spice packet, just get normal size ramen noodles, i just put 3 oz down)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 bunch broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- Melt butter in skillet and brown walnuts & ramen noodles; cool on paper towels.
- Combine browned noodles and walnuts with broccoli, lettuce, and onions in large serving bowl.
- Whisk remaining four ingredients together in mixing bowl.
- Dress salad when ready to serve.