Recipe by KarenT
A nice salad that you can have any time of the year since the tomatoes are canned. I was skeptical of the canned tomatoes but it's really, really good. A refreshing taste. Cooking time is refrigerator time.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 inch dice, nothing larger than 3/8 inch)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 large bell pepper, fine chop
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (1 14-15 ounce can)
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all in a large bowl.
- Place in a suitable closed container and refrigerate overnight.
- Will keep several days in the refrigerator.
- You can adjust the ratio of sugar to vinegar to suit your taste.
- You can also add or delete any vegetables to suit your taste.