Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are an addictive crunchy snack that are great with spicy Mexican style soups. Add more or less seasoning according to your tastes and preferences. You won't be able to stop eating them!
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil, enough to fill a skillet a couple of inches deep
- Slice tortillas into thin strips 1/4-inch wide.
- Next cut tortillas in half through the center.
- Heat oil over medium heat until bubbly.
- Drop in tortilla strips and season with half of seasoning while frying.
- Turn constantly and cook until browned and crispy, about five minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels and season with remaining seasoning.
- Great served with soups, such as Southwest Chicken Black Bean (Recipe #43728).
Easy, yummy, and a great change from standard saltine crackers on top of soup! Kids loved them
These were really good and easy to make! I served them with chili rellenos(with your Easy Resturaunt Salsa), yellow rice, and beans! Thanks so much for posting this!