Recipe by Charmie777
This is a wonderful variation of my normal strawberry stuffed french toast. This puts it over the top!!!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 10 -12 slices bread (egg, French or potato)
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes (or more)
- additional powdered sugar
- sliced strawberry
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, strawberry preserves and powdered sugar until smooth.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla.
- Place crushed corn flakes in another shallow bowl.
- Spread cream cheese mixture thickly on one side of one piece of bread.
- Top with another slice of bread, making a sandwich.
- Cut in half diagonally.
- Melt a little butter in skillet.
- Dip both sides of sandwich in egg mixture and then in corn flakes.
- Fry in melted butter until golden brown on both sides. (Add a little more butter to pan with each batch.).
- Place on serving dish and sprinkle with additional powdered sugar.
- Garnish with strawberry fans.
- Serve with maple syrup and whipped cream, if desired.