Published in Cook's Country magazine, Dec/Jan 2007.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup raisins, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup spiced rum (such as Captain Morgan's)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup corn flakes
- 12 vanilla wafers
- 3/4 cup whole almond, toasted
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1Soak raisins and rum in small bowl until raisins plump, about 10 minutes.
- 2In large bowl, whisk together confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until combined. Place granulated sugar in shallow dish.
- 3Process cornflakes, vanilla wafers, almonds, and coconut in food processor to fine crumbs and add to confectioners' sugar mixture.
- 4Mix in corn syrup, plumped raisins, and rum until mixture looks wet. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls, roll in granulated sugar, transfer to large plate, and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- 5Note: Rum balls can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Spiced Rum Balls
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.1
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 62.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 1.8 g