Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Published in Cook's Country magazine, Dec/Jan 2007.
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup spiced rum (such as Captain Morgan's)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup corn flakes
- 12 vanilla wafers
- 3⁄4 cup whole almond, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Soak raisins and rum in small bowl until raisins plump, about 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, whisk together confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until combined. Place granulated sugar in shallow dish.
- Process cornflakes, vanilla wafers, almonds, and coconut in food processor to fine crumbs and add to confectioners' sugar mixture.
- Mix in corn syrup, plumped raisins, and rum until mixture looks wet. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls, roll in granulated sugar, transfer to large plate, and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Note: Rum balls can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.