1 hr 10 mins
Typical Spanish dish called Tortitas de Camarones. I got the recipe from LaTienda.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring to a boil in a small saucepan about 1 cup water with 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2Add the shrimp and cook briefly until just opaque.
- 3Remove with a slotted spoon and measure the liquid to a little over a half cup (boil down if there is more.
- 4Transfer the liquid to a bowl to cool.
- 5Chop the shrimp into approximately 1/8-inch pieces.
- 6Add the cooled liquid with the onion, garlic, parsley, paprika, flour, and salt to taste and stir until smooth.
- 7Let sit for 1 hour at room temperature. The mixture should have the consistency of a thin pancake batter.
- 8Pour the oil to a depth of 1/4 inch into a large skillet and heat to the smoking point.
- 9Drop the batter by the tablespoon into the oil, spreading and pricking with the edge of a spoon into thin, lacey textured pancakes.
- 10Fry until golden, then flip them over to brown the other side. Drain on paper towels.
- 11Keep warm in a 200 F oven while preparing the rest of the pancakes. Transfer to a platter and serve.
Browse Our Top Spanish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spanish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Shrimp Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.1
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 43.2 mg
- Sodium 334.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 7.5 g