Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Typical Spanish dish called Tortitas de Camarones. I got the recipe from LaTienda.com
Make and share this Crunchy Shrimp Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- Bring to a boil in a small saucepan about 1 cup water with 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Add the shrimp and cook briefly until just opaque.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and measure the liquid to a little over a half cup (boil down if there is more.
- Transfer the liquid to a bowl to cool.
- Chop the shrimp into approximately 1/8-inch pieces.
- Add the cooled liquid with the onion, garlic, parsley, paprika, flour, and salt to taste and stir until smooth.
- Let sit for 1 hour at room temperature. The mixture should have the consistency of a thin pancake batter.
- Pour the oil to a depth of 1/4 inch into a large skillet and heat to the smoking point.
- Drop the batter by the tablespoon into the oil, spreading and pricking with the edge of a spoon into thin, lacey textured pancakes.
- Fry until golden, then flip them over to brown the other side. Drain on paper towels.
- Keep warm in a 200 F oven while preparing the rest of the pancakes. Transfer to a platter and serve.