Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicate little salad to crunch on. From New Zealand Taste.
- 1⁄4 Chinese cabbage, thick central rib removed (or savoy cabbage)
- 1 carrot, peeled and halved, crosswise
- 4 radishes
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, snaps
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 4 drops sesame oil
- 5 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Cut cabbage into 1cm-wide strips, then across into short lengths. Rinse and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes, and up to 1 hour.
- Slice the carrot into thin ribbons using a mandolin, or a sharp knife. Place these in iced water. Cut radishes into thin slices. Place all vegetables in a wide mixing bowl. Add chopped mint.
- Whisk sesame oil, peanut oil, lemon juice and salt together to make a dressing. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Toss salad with dressing, pile into small bowls, scatter sesame seeds on top and serve immediately.