1/3 Photos of Crunchy Savory Citrus Chicken
1 hr 10 mins
This chicken dish was created for RSC #15. I gave step by step instructions but it is an extremely easy and new way to make chicken for your family or guests. If you have never coated meat with Panko I think you will be as pleasantly pleased. Flavor abounds…encased in a crunchy coating and then is drizzled with a slightly sweet lemony savory sauce. Marinating not included in prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest (about 3 medium lemons)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 -1 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1Mix the first 5 ingredients for the marinade then lay the boneless chicken thighs into the marinade. Marinade for about 2-3 hours (equally on both sides).
- 2Using 3 separate containers, place the ½ cup of flour in the first one, the 2 eggs, ¼ t. salt and ¼ t. pepper in the second, and the Panko crumbs in the third.
- 3Remove the marinaded thighs one at a (Do not throw out marinade), and dredge each piece on both sides in first in the flour, then in the egg, and last in the Panko crumbs.
- 4Lay the chicken in a single layer onto a greased baking dish.
- 5Bake uncovered 40 -50 minutes at 350 degrees (until juices run clear).
- 6Prepare the sauce while meat is cooking by measuring the marinade which is left and pouring into a small sauce pan.
- 7Add enough water so that you will have 1 1/3 cups of liquid in the pan.
- 8Mix the 1 ½ Tablespoons of cornstarch with the 3 Tablespoons of cold water then stir into the marinade and water mixture over slow heat.
- 9Add the 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar and the 1 Tablespoon butter.
- 10Simmer while the meat is cooking stirring regularly. It should be lightly thickened.
- 11when the meat is done.
- 12Drizzle the sauce lightly over the meat as each piece is placed on the plate.
Browse Our Top Healthy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Savory Citrus Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 666.2
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 265.7 mg
- Sodium 1057.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 47.7 g
- Protein 38.5 g