Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a great healthy and easy broccoli slaw. A total hit at family gatherings! This salad holds up well in warm weather. Be your own chef... to change the recipe you could add craisins, sliced jicama, grilled chicken, ramen noodles, etc.
- 16 ounces broccoli cole slaw
- 1 cup water chestnut, drained and sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, segments packed in water (and rinsed, if packed in juice) or 1 cup juice, drained and chopped (and rinsed, if packed in juice)
- 1 cup scallion, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat sesame ginger salad dressing (Newman's Own Lighten Up)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, toss all ingredients together, and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Stir well before serving.
- Note: Cooking Time shown is actually Refrigeration Time. No cooking involved.