Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very easy to make and delicious pie. I served mine hot with a green salad and then we all came back for more, From Australian Womens Weekly.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 90 g butter
- 90 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 300 g sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 210 g pink salmon, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 small onion, grated
- 1 trimmed celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Grease a 20cm pie dish.
- Process the flour, paprika, butter and cheese.
- Reserve 2/3 cup of the flour mixture, then press the remaining flour mixture over the base of the base and sides of the prepared dish.
- Refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Whisk the eggs, sour cream, mayonnaise, Tabasco, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until combined.
- Stir the salmon into the egg mixture with the onion, celery and cheese.
- Pour the filling into the pastry case and sprinkle over the reserved flour mixture.
- bake for 40 minutes or until browned.
- Serve warm or cold with a salad.
Very tasty dish. I have tried several of your recipes and have been very impressed. Keep up the good work and keep sending in your delicious recipes!