Recipe by Tisme
Going through my old cookbooks and I found this recipe I used to make quite often. I had forgotten all about making this recipe, its great served on savoury biscuits or crackers. If the salmon (can) is a little over in size I usually use it all.
Top Review by I'mPat
Took this to the DS's recreation group for their Christmas party and for all those that like salmon they thought it tasted really great and was different with the nuts covering it. I only put the nuts on 2 of the rolls in case there was those who didn't care for nuts and both were equally liked. Made for Edition 3 - Make My Recipe - a game of tag. Thank you Tisme for a keeper.
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 (220 g) candrained & flaked red salmon
- 3⁄4 cup fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the first 6 ingredients in a bowl until they are smooth and creamy, stir in the salmon and breadcrumbs.
- Refrigerate until the mixture is firm.
- Combine the almonds, onion and parsley.
- Mould the salmon mixture into 4 even size logs and roll in the almond mixture.
- Wrap the logs in plastic wrap and chill until required.
- Serve with savoury biscuits or crackers.