Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a salad that is great for summer picnics since there is no mayo in it. Any time I serve it to guest I am asked for the recipe. Thanks to my sister in law Lori, she was kind enough to pass the recipe on to me. I hope that you try it...you'll like it!
- 1 (12 ounce) package broccoli slaw mix
- 1 (3 ounce) packageof oriental flavored ramen noodles
- 2 -4 ounces slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup salted sunflower seeds
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- slice green onions and mix with slaw mix.
- crush ramen noodles (save season pack) and add to mix along with the nuts.
- to make sauce.
- take season pack from noodles and mix with oil, vinegar& sugar.
- mix well and pour over slaw mix.
This is an easier version than the Betty Crocker Recipe. I used two packages of (chicken) ramen noodles but only one flavor packet. I omitted the green onions and almonds (I don't like green onions and didn't have almonds). I also used about 1/4 cup of oil. I added about 2 cups of cooked shredded chicken. This is a great salad. Perfect for something quick on a hot summer day!
This was very easy to put together and had a good flavor but seems like it's missing something. I'm not sure of the flavor I think it needs. I'll keep experimenting because I really like the salad's texture.
I made this today for a potluck at the office. Took about 5 minutes to put together, and not much longer than that for it to be devoured! I was deluged with requests for the recipe. Thanks for such and easy and tasty side dish!