Recipe by Lene
These are tasty Greek style burgers with a difference - a crunchy potato coating that adds real bite and style to the finished dish.
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 500 g ground lamb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 200 g feta, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 Tbs cold water
- 1 large floury potato, about 200g
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the shallot, garlic and mint in the food processor and whizz until finely chopped.
- Add the lamb, rosemary and some salt and pepper and whizz again until the mince is fine and well mixed.
- Add the feta and pulse 2-3 times until the feta is roughly mixed into the mince but isn't finely chopped.
- Shape the mixture into 8 even sized cakes. Dust the cakes in seasoned flour then roll in the beaten egg.
- Coarsely grate the potato on to a large plate, then roll the patties until lightly coated in potato.
- Heat 1 cm of oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the patties in batches for 5 minutes on each side until crisp and golden brown and cooked through, though still a little pink in the centre. Serve hot.