Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is one of my mom's recipes and all of my friends request it frequently. It's sweet and crunchy!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 bunch broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 4 green onions, chopped
- For dressing combine all ingredients in an air-tight container and shake.
- Break Ramen noodles into small pieces, discarding the flavor packet. Brown the noodles and pecans in the butter in a skillet.
- Drain on paper towels and cool.
- Combine the noodles, pecans, broccoli, romaine and green onions in a salad bowl and mix gently.
- Add dressing to coat.