Recipe by loof
From the Junior League of North Harris County TX - I usually leave out the green onions and it's still great!
Top Review by nemokitty
This was excellent! I used wild rice, regular onion, canned mushrooms and didn't have any oranges. I love the dressing and all the crunchiness of the veggies. Next time I'll add some pecans. Will make this again! Made for 1-2-3 Zaar Hits Tag Game 2010.
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 1⁄3 cups drained mandarin oranges
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup water chestnut
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice using package directions (omit salt) and let cool.
- Combine the rice, oranges, onions, celery, water chestnuts, and mushrooms in a serving bowl, tossing to mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, oil, and soy sauce.
- Pour dressing over rice mixture and mix gently. Chill until ready to serve.