Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
im a huge fan of crunchy tacos, this satisfies my craving...i found this on http://figgyandsprout.com/crunchy-raw-tacos/
For the meat
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nama shoyu (raw, unpasteurized soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
For the tacos
- romaine lettuce hearts
- tomatoes, diced
- cucumber, diced
- onion, diced
- lemon juice
- 2 avocados, pitted peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, copped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chili pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 pinch sea salt
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- For the meat:.
- Blend ingredients in a food processor and process until mixture resembles taco meat – takes 20-30 seconds.
- For the tacos:.
- Chop and dice all of the vegetables.
- Lay out your romaine lettuce leaves and scoop equal amounts of taco meat in each. Spread it around.
- Next, add all of your toppings – the tomatos, cucumber, onion and sprouts.
- Garden Guacamole:.
- Cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avocado from the peel, put in a medium mixing bowl. Using a fork, mash the avocado.
- Add the chopped onion, red pepper, yellow pepper, green pepper, chili pepper, garlic, lime or lemon, salt and mash some more. Lastly, add the fresh chopped cilantro and mix well.
- Cover the guacamole and refrigerate until ready to serve.