Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fun way to use that beloved raisin bread! A sweet recipe adapted from the Sun Maid Raisin folks.
Make and share this Crunchy Raisin Bread French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- Mix eggs, milk, vanilla, powdered sugar and nutmeg in a shallow dish(or pie plate).
- Place cereal in another shallow dish.
- Spray a 12" nonstick skillet generously with butter(or cooking spray). Heat over medium heat.
- Dip both sides of 4 slices of the bread in egg mixture, then in cereal.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Repeat with remaining bread, egg mixture and cereal, buttering the skillet each time.
- Serve topped with powdered sugar, if desired. Enjoy!
- Makes 4 servings.
Fantastic! We used some cinnamno chip bread from a local bakery and all in all this is a keeper! We will be making this again!
This is a nice spin on French toast, loved the crunchy coating too. Thanks Sharon!
Yummy! I almost passed on this cuz I don't have raisin-cinn bread. I don't like raisins, but I LOVE cinnamon, so I thought I'd try it! I used Eggbeaters, skim milk & added 1/4 tsp cinn. I didn't use any powdered sugar, vanilla or nutmeg(I was planning on putting a little Splenda into the mix, but forgot! I totally spaced the vanilla, too) I used Total cereal & sprinkled some cinn/Splenda mix on top. Cooked great on medium heat. Served it with some sugar free maple syrup for a snack! Delicious cinn flavor!