A fun way to use that beloved raisin bread! A sweet recipe adapted from the Sun Maid Raisin folks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix eggs, milk, vanilla, powdered sugar and nutmeg in a shallow dish(or pie plate).
- 2Place cereal in another shallow dish.
- 3Spray a 12" nonstick skillet generously with butter(or cooking spray). Heat over medium heat.
- 4Dip both sides of 4 slices of the bread in egg mixture, then in cereal.
- 5Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Repeat with remaining bread, egg mixture and cereal, buttering the skillet each time.
- 6Serve topped with powdered sugar, if desired. Enjoy!
- 7Makes 4 servings.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Raisin Bread French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.5
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 161.4 mg
- Sodium 265.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole grain wheat and barley cereal