Recipe by gailanng
A delicious and fun veggie wrap that can easily be customized to taste. Let the kids build there own and they're more likely to eat their own creation. Adapted from PBS.
- 4 ounces cream cheese or 4 ounces boursin cheese or 4 ounces blue cheese or 4 ounces ranch dressing
- 6 large flavored wraps, such as spinach or 6 large red peppers or 6 large whole wheat or 6 large flour tortillas
- 6 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded red cabbage or 1 1⁄2 cups peeled and diced cucumbers
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely diced (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese or 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese (or other spread) on one side of each tortilla and top it with a lettuce leaf.
- Distribute the fillings evenly on the tortillas (or customize them to taste), fold in the ends, and roll them up burrito or wrap-style. Cut each wrap in half diagonally to expose the rainbow within.