Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love the topping on this!
Make and share this Crunchy Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Do not preheat oven.
- Grease a 12-cup tube pan.
- In a small bowl, blend all the topping ingredients with a fork and press into the bottom of the prepared pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the butter and sugar on low speed and beat until light and fluffy (approximately 5-6 minutes).
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Slowly stir in the sifted flour. Add the vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour at 325°F, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for at least one hour.
- Invert the pan over a cake plate, cake should slide out nicely with a beautiful crunchy top!