Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love the topping on this!
Make and share this Crunchy Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 14 crushed vanilla wafers (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely ground
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups butter (no substitutes)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 7 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Do not preheat oven.
- Grease a 12-cup tube pan.
- In a small bowl, blend all the topping ingredients with a fork and press into the bottom of the prepared pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the butter and sugar on low speed and beat until light and fluffy (approximately 5-6 minutes).
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Slowly stir in the sifted flour. Add the vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour at 325°F, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for at least one hour.
- Invert the pan over a cake plate, cake should slide out nicely with a beautiful crunchy top!