Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Found this gem in my TOH cooking school cookbook. I will probably take this to the next church eatin' meetin' we have, whenever that is. It is easy and is different from my normal recipe. If it goes over well at church, it's a keeper for sure! Cook time is chill time.
- 9 cups potatoes, cubed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 hardboiled egg, chopped
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, mix soup, mayo, vinegar, and pepper.
- Toss in vegetables and eggs, stirring to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
Oh Dear! I dislike giving just three stars....but perhaps the title of this recipe should be changed because I really can't call this a "potato salad." Now, of course, this is only my opinion. I realize that R.E. said she had not tried this yet......so I have decided as I write this to NOT give any stars.
There is nothing that needs to be changed about this recipe. I truly enjoyed it's flavor and I appreciated the ease of preparing it.