Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are great along side any sandwich, hamburger, or even just by themselves!
- 2 quarts oil (for deep frying)
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 pinch Italian herb seasoning
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Place potatoes in the water and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and mash.
- Mix Italian-style seasoning and egg yolk into the mashed potatoes. Allow potato mixture to cool approximately 10 minutes, or until it may be safely handled.
- Place flour, egg white and dry bread crumbs in three separate small bowls. Roll potato mixture into 1 inch logs or balls. Cover in flour, dip in egg white and coat with bread crumbs.
- Carefully lower small batches of the coated potatoes into the deep fryer. Fry until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
Absolutey DELICIOUS! We LOVED it! Just like it says, CRUNCHY potato logs! I found it easier to shape the mashed potatoes with slightly wet hands. Didn't change a thing! Thank you, VickyJ, for sharing this wonderful recipe, definitely will be making it again!
Delicious!! Crunchy on the outside-Tender in the middle. A must try!