Recipe by fluffernutter
Salt and vinegar chips make a quick, full-flavor crust for tilapia.
Top Review by corelila
I really enjoyed this recipe. I used regular Lays instead of vinegar chips, because I couldn't find any vinegar chips nearby, but I also added some lemon and dill and the coating was really satisfying. I had some serious issues getting the chips to stick to the fish though. A reviewer mentioned that it was easier to put the flour on first, and then the milk, and that helped somewhat.
- milk (for dredging)
- flour (for dredging)
- 141.74 g bagsalt and vinegar potato chips
- 4-5 tilapia fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the milk into a wide, flat dish. Spread the flour in the same kind of dish or waxed paper.
- Pour the chips into a ziptop bag and seal. Crush them into small pieces (a rolling pin works well for this.
- Coat the fish with milk, then flour, then potato chips. Arranged in a greased baking dish. Drizzle any leftover milk over the fish to help to coating cook onto the fish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 13 minutes until golden.