Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
Salt and vinegar chips make a quick, full-flavor crust for tilapia.
- milk (for dredging)
- flour (for dredging)
- 1 (5 ounce) bagsalt and vinegar potato chips
- 4 -5 tilapia fillets
- Pour the milk into a wide, flat dish. Spread the flour in the same kind of dish or waxed paper.
- Pour the chips into a ziptop bag and seal. Crush them into small pieces (a rolling pin works well for this.
- Coat the fish with milk, then flour, then potato chips. Arranged in a greased baking dish. Drizzle any leftover milk over the fish to help to coating cook onto the fish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 13 minutes until golden.
I really enjoyed this recipe. I used regular Lays instead of vinegar chips, because I couldn't find any vinegar chips nearby, but I also added some lemon and dill and the coating was really satisfying. I had some serious issues getting the chips to stick to the fish though. A reviewer mentioned that it was easier to put the flour on first, and then the milk, and that helped somewhat.
This was Excellent! Try to just use one hand while dredging fish fillets, it can get kind of messy. I used a tbsp. of Miracle Whip whisked into the milk to thicken it up. My daughter came up with the idea to add a little Parmesan Cheese to the chips. Either way you make this, it's good.