1/1 Photo of Crunchy Pork Chops
This recipe is from America's Test Kitchen, Family Cookbook. I think that these would be even better with some Dijon mustard mixed in with the mayonnaise.
My Private Note
pork ch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Place the Melba toasts, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, thyme, and sugar in a zip-top bag and seal.
- 3Pound the toasts to coarse crumbs, leaving some the size of small pebbles.
- 4Add 2 tablespoons mayonnaise to the bag and work it into the crumb mixture. Transfer to a large plate.
- 5Working with one chop at a time, coat with 1 tablespoon mayonnaise using your fingers or the back of a spoon; coat thoroughly with Melba crumb mixture.
- 6Press on the crumbs on the chop to make sure they adhere; lay the chop on a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet.
- 7Bake the pork chops on the wire rack until the coating is golden brown and the center registers 135 degrees, approximately 16 to 22 minutes.
- 8Transfer the chops to a clean plate and let rest until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 to 150 degrees (5 to 10 minutes).
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.6
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 129.6 mg
- Sodium 611.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 41.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: