Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is so versatile that you can add/omit as desired. Use almonds or any other type nut instead of cashews, and get a low-cal poppyseed dressing to lower the fat content.
- 4 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 large red peppers, thinly sliced
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 8 ounces pineapple tidbits, drained
- 6 ounces chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup poppy seed dressing
- 1⁄4 cup cashews
- Combine all ingredients except dressing and cashews in a large bowl.
- Add dress and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with cashews.
My grocery store didn't carrie broccoli coleslaw, so I made this salad with regular coleslaw and it was very good. I also kept the pineapple juice, and threw in a cup of chick peas. Loved it!
WHAT A GREAT SALAD! Made this one as posted, but did cut the slices of red pepper in half! We really enjoyed the cashews in this salad & actually included almost half a cup of them! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Stars Tag Game]
This was very good. I used fresh pineapple and smoked chicken, otherwise followed the recipe exactly. The only thing I would change is to chop the red bell peppers up instead of slicing. It would make it easier to eat. I'd also let the salad sit in the dressing for a few minutes before eating to enhance the flavor. Thanks for posint! Made for Zaar 123 Tag!