Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
Good Halloween party snack food! This recipe is courtesy of The Popcorn Board.
- 5 cups popped popcorn
- 3 cups oat whole grain cereal
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts (or other nuts)
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Stir together popcorn, cereal, raisins, nuts and sunflower seeds in a large microwaveable bowl; set aside.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Heat until boiling; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over popcorn mixture, stirring to coat evenly. Microwave 3-4 minutes, stirring and scraping bowl after each minute.
- Spread onto greased cookie sheet; cool.
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.