Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cornmeal is added to the dough for added crunch. Easily made in the food processor and no kneading to do.
- In a small bowl, combine yeast and warm water.
- Let stand for 8 to 10 minutes or until it is bubbly, then add olive oil.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a food processor, using the cutting blade, combine flour, cornmeal and salt.
- With food processor running, slowly add yeast mixture through tube and mix until dough comes to a ball.
- Place dough into a lightly oiled bowl, turn over to coat with oil and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let dough rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk.
- Spread dough out onto a 10x15 baking sheet and let rise for about 15 minutes.
- Top with tomato sauce and your favorite toppings and bake at 450° for about 15 minutes or until brown and crispy.
Great recipe! I found this when looking for a quick and easy pizza dough for dinner. Goes together in no time with the food processor. Was a little concerned that it wouldn't have enough flour to make a good dough and fill the pan, but this was absolutely perfect for a 15x10 pan and I wouldn't change a thing. Don't be tempted to add more flour, even though the dough was wetter than what I usually make, it was not sticky and was very easy to press out into the pan. Loved the addition of cornmeal for taste and texture. Prebaking would yield a crispier crust, if desired, and I suggest greasing the pan well with olive oil. Thanks, Marie, for another great recipe!