Prep 15 mins
Cook 32 mins
Mini-pecan pies in packaged phyllo pastry shells. Easy, impressive and absolutely delicious. Southern Living recipe, I think from 11/2007. Just remember to keep stirring the pecan/syrup mixture as you fill the shells to keep the nuts and moisture evenly incorporated. They are great as gifts.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake/toast pecans in single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- Stir together sugar and corn syrup in a medium bowl. Stir in pecan, eggs and next 3 ingredients.
- Spoon about 1 heaping tsp pecan mixture into each pastry shell (remember to keep stiring the mixture) and place on 2 large baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 20 to 22 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks and let cool completely (about 30 minutes). Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days (not sure how well they freeze; they don't last that long at my house).
What a great recipe! The hardest part was filling all those little shells, But the taste can't be beat. I actually prefer this to traditional pecan pie,because the sweet isn't as overpowering. I actually filled 6 boxes instead of 5 and still had some filling left. I probably could've filled some fuller but was afraid of overflowing. Regardless, I have a recipe for dessert for Thanksgiving-thanks!
These are so good! Quick and easy to make and they look very impressive. This is one of my new favorite things to make.