1 hr 35 mins
Peggy Lynn's Note:
A great coffee cake recipe that uses some traditional ingredients but in addition to those adds Post Select Grains Crunchy Pecan Cereal. It's Baked in a 9-inch springform pan and drizzled with caramel sauce....Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups Post Selects great grains crunchy pecan cereal, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 cup butter, divided (One and a half sticks)
- 2 medium tart green apples, peeled,cored and thinly sliced (about two cups)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 20 caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1Heat oven to 350.
- 2Mix one cup cereal, one-half cup pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon in large bowl for pecan mixture;set aside.
- 3Mix remaining one-half cup cereal and one-third cup flour in medium bowl.
- 4Cut in 1/4 cup of the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 5Stir in 3/4 cup of the pecan mixture to form streusel crumb mixture.
- 6Set both mixtures aside.
- 7Toss apple slices with lemon juice;set aside.
- 8Mix One and three-quarters cups flour,baking powder and baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- 9Beat remaining 1/2 cup butter,granulated sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- 10Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 11Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream until blended;beating on low speed.
- 12Microwave the caramels and half and half in small microwavable bowl on HIGH for one to two minutes or until caramels are melted.
- 13Stir;set aside.
- 14Spread one half of the batter into a greased 9-ich springform pan;sprinkle with reserved pecan mixture.
- 15Layer apple slices on top of that and then drizzle with one-quarter cup of the caramel sauce.
- 16Gently spread on top of that the remaining batter.
- 17Top with reserved streusel crumb mixture.
- 18Bake for ten minutes at 350 degrees.
- 19Sprinkle with remaining one half cup pecans.
- 20Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 21Drizzle with remaining caramel sauce.
- 22Cool for one hour.
- 23Remove from pan.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Pecan-Apple Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.0
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 91.9 mg
- Sodium 327.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 43.8 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Post Selects great grains crunchy pecan cereal