Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This taste great and looks just as nice.
- 8 large firm pears
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat vanilla wafer, crumbs (about 14 wafers)
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 cup reduced-sugar orange flavored yogurt or 1 cup plain yogurt
- Core pears from bottom, leaving stems intact.
- Peel pears, leaving a small amount of peel at stem end.
- Cut 1/4" from the bottom to level if necessary.
- In a bowl, combine orange juice and orange marmalade; spoon over pears, letting excess drip into bowl.
- Set aside for sauce.
- Place wafer crumbs and almonds in a large shallow dish.
- Roll pears in crumb mixture to coat the bottom 3/4 of each pear.
- Place in a 13x9x2" baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350* for 35-45 min.
- or until tender.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, combine yogurt and reserved marmalade mixture; refrigerate until serving.
- Serve with warm pears.