1/1 Photo of Crunchy Pear and Celery Salad
Vols Fan's Note:
This was the recipe of the day on the RealAge website. Great salads don't have to be just a summer thing and this one seems perfect for fall and winter. The cheddar cheese and pecan pieces, along with giving you some calcium and protein, complement the pear and celery flavors nicely. (Or you can try parmesan cheese and toasted walnuts for an Italian twist.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 stalk celery, trimmed and cut in half crosswise
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar or 29.58 ml pear vinegar or 29.58 ml raspberry vinegar or 29.58 ml other fruit vinegar
- 29.58 ml honey
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2 ripe pears, preferably red Bartlett, diced
- 236.59 ml finely diced white cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans, toasted in a skillet over low-medium heat for 2-4 minutes
- fresh ground pepper
- 6 large lettuce leaves, use more if chopping
- 1Soak celery in a bowl of ice water for 15 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- 2Whisk vinegar, honey, and salt in a large bowl until blended.
- 3Add pears; gently stir to coat.
- 4Add the celery, cheese, and pecans; stir to combine. Season with pepper.
- 5Divide the lettuce leaves among six plates and top with a portion of salad. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Pear and Celery Salad
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.0
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.1 mg
- Sodium 262.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 7.1 g