Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A friend lent me her British cookbook, The Usborne Children's Book of Baking. I couldn't resist these fun-looking PB cookies! I made them with my 3-yr-old -- she loved rolling and patting the doughballs into the rice cereal! (I've doubled the recipe here.)
- Heat the oven to 190C (375F, Gas Mark 5) and lightly oil two baking trays.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the egg a little at a time, beating after each addition to stop the mixture from getting lumpy.
- Add the peanut butter and beat until well-mixed.
- Sift the flour and baking powder over the mixture. Stir everything together.
- Pour the puffed rice cereal into a bowl. Scoop up a heaped teaspoon of the mixture and shape it into a ball with your hands. Put it on top of the cereal.
- Roll the ball in the cereal to completely cover it in rice cereal; press gently and slightly flatten the balls. Continue to make balls with all the rest of the dough, placing them on the baking tray as you go.
- Bake the cookies for 18-20 minutes. Leave them to cool for five minutes. Then use a spatula to move them to a wire rack to cool completely.