1/2 Photos of Crunchy Peanut Cookies (With Rice Krispies Coating!)
A friend lent me her British cookbook, The Usborne Children's Book of Baking. I couldn't resist these fun-looking PB cookies! I made them with my 3-yr-old -- she loved rolling and patting the doughballs into the rice cereal! (I've doubled the recipe here.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 190C (375F, Gas Mark 5) and lightly oil two baking trays.
- 2In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
- 3Add the egg a little at a time, beating after each addition to stop the mixture from getting lumpy.
- 4Add the peanut butter and beat until well-mixed.
- 5Sift the flour and baking powder over the mixture. Stir everything together.
- 6Pour the puffed rice cereal into a bowl. Scoop up a heaped teaspoon of the mixture and shape it into a ball with your hands. Put it on top of the cereal.
- 7Roll the ball in the cereal to completely cover it in rice cereal; press gently and slightly flatten the balls. Continue to make balls with all the rest of the dough, placing them on the baking tray as you go.
- 8Bake the cookies for 18-20 minutes. Leave them to cool for five minutes. Then use a spatula to move them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Peanut Cookies (With Rice Krispies Coating!)
Serving Size: 1 (1174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.5
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.5 mg
- Sodium 132.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 2.5 g