Courtesy of Paula Deen so you know they must be good:) ***Recipe Note*** After the 1 egg are the topping ingredients!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 1/4 cup peanut oil (may sub vegetable or corn oil)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F
- 2For the muffins, stir the flour with the baking powder, cinnamon and salt until well blended and set aside.
- 3In a separate bowl, beat the peanut butter with the oil, sugar and banana. Add in the milk and egg and beat until smooth.
- 4Pour this mixture into the center of the dry ingredients in the first bowl and stir with a large spoon until just moistened. Don't overmix!
- 5Line muffin tins with paper or foil liners and fill the cups 2/3rds full with batter. (Or just spray the muffin tins very well with cooking spray so the muffins don't stick).
- 6For the topping, stir the cinnamon into the sugar. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut the butter into the sugar until the mixture is crumbly. Lightly stir in the peanuts; set aside.
- 7Sprinkle the topping evenly over each batter-filled cup.
- 8Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the muffins spring back lightly if pressed in center.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Peanut Butter Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.2
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 19.8 mg
- Sodium 261.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 5.3 g