Crunchy Peanut Butter Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- For the muffins, stir the flour with the baking powder, cinnamon and salt until well blended and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the peanut butter with the oil, sugar and banana. Add in the milk and egg and beat until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into the center of the dry ingredients in the first bowl and stir with a large spoon until just moistened. Don't overmix!
- Line muffin tins with paper or foil liners and fill the cups 2/3rds full with batter. (Or just spray the muffin tins very well with cooking spray so the muffins don't stick).
- For the topping, stir the cinnamon into the sugar. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut the butter into the sugar until the mixture is crumbly. Lightly stir in the peanuts; set aside.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over each batter-filled cup.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the muffins spring back lightly if pressed in center.