Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Courtesy of Paula Deen so you know they must be good:) ***Recipe Note*** After the 1 egg are the topping ingredients!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil (may sub vegetable or corn oil)
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- For the muffins, stir the flour with the baking powder, cinnamon and salt until well blended and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the peanut butter with the oil, sugar and banana. Add in the milk and egg and beat until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into the center of the dry ingredients in the first bowl and stir with a large spoon until just moistened. Don't overmix!
- Line muffin tins with paper or foil liners and fill the cups 2/3rds full with batter. (Or just spray the muffin tins very well with cooking spray so the muffins don't stick).
- For the topping, stir the cinnamon into the sugar. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut the butter into the sugar until the mixture is crumbly. Lightly stir in the peanuts; set aside.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over each batter-filled cup.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the muffins spring back lightly if pressed in center.
Making an edit to this recipe as my first review didn't post 5 stars as I had indicated. :-(