An old recipe for super-crunchy peanut butter cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy.
- 2Add eggs and vanilla and beat until light.
- 3Sift the flour with the soda and salt; stir into creamed mixture until well blended.
- 4Lightly mix in the shredded wheat and peanuts.
- 5Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of batter, about 2 inches apart, on ungreased cookie sheets. (This makes rather ragged cookies, so I like to roll them into balls first, but little pieces of shredded wheat DO stab a bit!) Using the tines of a fork, press dough flat in each direction to make a crisscross pattern on top of each cookie.
- 6Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 7Makes about 8 dozen cookies.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Peanut-Butter Cookies With Shredded Wheat
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 80
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.4
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.2 mg
- Sodium 57.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 1.9 g